FARADAY COPPER SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT FOR EVALUATION OF A SOLAR AND BATTERY PROJECT AT COPPER CREEK
Paul Harbidge, President and CEO, commented “I look forward to working with Proteus to deliver on our strategy of advancing Copper Creek to be a U.S. domestic producer of ‘green’ copper. Our recent ranch acquisition enables this important initiative by providing the necessary private land for an industrial-scale, solar-energy project at Copper Creek.”
- Between 100 and 125 megawatts of solar power and storage of 100 to 400 megawatt-hours of capacity through BESS;
- Reduced carbon emissions for Copper Creek production;
- Reduced operating costs through a long-term Power Purchase Agreement (“PPA”);
- Surplus power expected to be fed to the grid to bolster regional energy security, consistent with Arizona’s target of increasing clean energy generation; and
- Revenue generation through a land-use agreement with Proteus.
Letter of Intent for Solar Project
The LOI sets forth the agreement between Faraday and Proteus (“the Parties”) relating to the development by Proteus of a new solar PV power generation facility and battery energy storage system to be located on lands owned and controlled by Faraday. Upon completion of the development of the Solar Project, the Parties anticipate that they will enter, among other things, into:
- A long-term PPA pursuant to which Faraday will have the option to purchase renewable energy from the Solar Project; and
- A land lease agreement pursuant to which Proteus will lease the necessary land for the Solar Project.
Proteus will develop the project in two phases as described below:
- Phase I will focus on the identification of suitable land, electrical interconnections, project layouts, optimal sizing for the PV and BESS, and a high-level project development schedule. Advancement of the Solar Project to Phase II requires the mutual agreement of both parties; and
- Phase II will focus on detailed engineering, completion of a permitting plan, necessary permit and utility submissions, and agreement of a final term sheet for the PPA.
About Proteus Power
Proteus was formed in 2021 by industry veterans to develop renewable energy projects across the United States and Canada to help accelerate the transition to a cleaner energy future, financially backed by Pelion Green Future, and is supported through a network of affiliated companies to support these objectives. Their expertise covers the development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects with an initial focus on solar PV and BESS. Their goal is to develop, build and own a portfolio of assets which provide long-term sustainability gains that are both profitable for their investors, landowners, and for the community stakeholders.
Proteus Power has a target to develop and construct between five and ten gigawatts of solar, wind and battery energy storage projects in North America. Once operational, Proteus’ projects will be capable of producing enough clean energy to cover the annual consumption needs of over 1.31 million homes and will prevent the release of 2.27 million tons of carbon dioxide per year, equivalent to removing 1.63 million cars from the road.
Their management team of experienced professionals led by Mike Lambros (CEO), Randy Etheridge (COO) and Dan Phillips (Chief Development Officer) has over 80 years of cumulative experience in project development and finance, and over US$7.1 billion worth of transactional experience. The team uses its unique and complimentary skill sets along the entire value chain of solar, wind and battery projects from the development and design to the financing, construction and operation of the assets, in order to deliver optimal results to its stakeholders.
About Faraday Copper
Faraday Copper is a Canadian exploration company focused on advancing its flagship copper project in Arizona, U.S. The Copper Creek project is one of the largest undeveloped copper projects in North America with open pit and bulk underground mining potential. The Company is well-funded to deliver on its key milestones and benefits from a management team and board of directors with senior mining company experience and expertise. Faraday trades on the TSX under the symbol “FDY”.
For additional information please contact:
Stacey Pavlova, CFA
Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications
Faraday Copper Corp.